List of 20 Local Governments and 37 LCDA in Lagos.
Lagos state has a territorial land area of 351,861 hectares which is made of five (5) administrative divisions, namely: Ikeja, Badagry, Ikorodu, Eko (Lagos) and Epe in May 1968 by virtue of Administrative Divisions [Establishment] Edict No. 3 of April 1968. The 5 Divisions are further divided into 20 Local Governments and 37 Local Council Development Areas respectively, in accordance with Nigeria’s federal structure and the need to bring governance and development to everybody.
List of 20 Local Governments.
About Lagos Division
Ikeja Division is the state capital and administrative center of Lagos State Government. It is a predominantly Awori enclave and the cradle of its civilization, consists of 8 local governments authorities namely: Agege, Ifako-Ijaiye, Kosofe, Mushin, Alimosho, Oshodi-Isolo, Somolu and Ikeja which serves as both the seat of the State Government and the divisional headquarters. The LCDAs include Agbado/Oke-Odo, Agboyi-Ketu, Ayobo-Ipaja, Bariga, Egbe-Idimu, Ejigbo, Igando-Ikotun, Ikosi-Isheri, Isolo, Mosan-Okunola, Odi Olowo-Ojuwoye, Ojodu, Ojokoro, Onigbongbo and Orile Agege.
Badagry Division is a zone of culture mix between the Ogu and Awori as well as an international border region. It consists of 4 Local Governments, including: Ojo, Amuwo-Odofin, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, and Badagry as well as 6 Local Council Development Areas namely: Iba, Ifelodun, Olorunda, Oriade, Badagry West and Oto-Awori.
The Division consists of only Ikorodu Local Govenment, and five Local Council Development Areas including: Igbogbo-Baiyeku, Ikorodu North, Ikorodu West, Imota and Ijede. By virtue of its location, the Division serves as the gateway to the country’s hinter-land.
EKO (LAGOS) DIVISION
This is the core of Lagos State and a highly urbanized Division. It consists of 5 Local Government Councils: Lagos Island, Lagos Mainland, Surulere, Apapa and Eti-Osa. It also consists of 8 Local council development areas which include: Lagos Island East, Yaba, Itire-Ikate, Coker-Aguda, Ikoyi-Obalende, Apapa-Iganmu, Eti-Osa East and Iru/Victoria Island with the City of Lagos being the pivot of an ever expanding Megacity and the divisional headquarters.
Epe Division is made up of 2 Local Government Councils, namely: Epe, Ibeju-Lekki while the 3 Local Council Development Areas are: Lekki, Ikosi-Ejirin and Eredo with Epe serving as the divisional headquarters.
List of Chairmen of 20 Local Governments and 37 LCDA in Lagos 2022.
- Yisa Jubril/Samuel Ayodele (Iba)
- Wasiu Adesina/Sade Olabanji-Oba (Ikorodu Central)
- Valentine Buraimoh/Maureen Ashara (Amuwo-Odofin)
- Usman Hamzat/Oluwatoyin Akerele (Ifako-Ijaiye)
- Tijani Olusi/Akinyemi Eshinokun (Lagos Island)
- Surah Animashaun/Sikiru Owolomanshe (Epe)
- Sulaiman Jelili/Ibrahim Johnson (Alimosho)
- Rasulu Idowu/Edna Uche-Ubochi (Ojo)
- Rashidat Adu/Olusegun Ogunbiyi (Iru, Victoria Island)
- Rasaq Ajala/Oluseyi Jakande (Odi-Olowo)
- Rasak Ibrahim/Matthew Olaleye (Coker- Aguda)
- Ramotullau Hassan-Akinola/Olanrewaju Moshood (Oriade)
- Omolola Essein/Jubril Kolawole (Lagos Mainland)
- Oluwaseun Gabriel/Samson Aromire (Apapa)
- Olusesan Daini/Nuraini Okedina-Maja (Igbogbo Baiyeku)
- Olusegun Onilude/Pedetin Kappa (Badagry Central)
- Olusegun Odunmbaku/Bunmi Oluyadi (Ojodu)
- Olufemi Rafiu/John Ogundare (Eti-Osa East)
- Olufemi Okeowo/Adejinyan Ojora (Ifelodun)
- Olatunde Folorunso/Monsuru Ogungbemi (Olorunda)
- Olanrewaju Sulaimon/Adesegun Aluko (Ikorodu West)
- Olanrewaju Apatira/Oluwayomi Lawrence (Itire-Ikate)
- Oladotun Olakanle/Olufunke Hassan (Onigbongbo)
- Oladele Oshinowo/Folake Kayode (Agboyi Ketu)
- Oladapo Famuyiwa/Ajoke Obe (Agbado-Oke Odo)
- Olabisi Adebajo/Adewale Hamzat (Mosan Okunola)
- Musbau Ashafa/Abiodun Kareem (Oto Awori)
- Moyosore Ogunlewe/Saliu Babatunde (Kosofe)
- Motunrayo Gbadebo-Alogba/Femi Kabir (Ijede)
- Monsuru Bello/Ayodele Ayodeji (Ejigbo)
- Mojeed Balogun/Yomi Mayungbe (Ikeja)
- Lasisi Akinsanya/Afeez Akinyemi (Igando-Ikotun)
- Kunle Sanyaolu/Mutiu Adebiyi (Egbe-Idimu)
- Kunle Agoro/Ayodele Benson (Imota)
- Kolade Alabi/Zainat Kupouyi (Bariga)
- Kayode Omiyale/Bolanle Ayeleru (Yaba LCDA)
- IIsmail Akinloye/Lateef Adesanya (Eredo)
- Henugbe Gbenu/Rauf Ibrahim (Badagry West)
- Hammed Tijani/Coker Oladipo (Ojokoro)
- Ganiu Egunjobi/Gbenga Abiola (Agege)
- Funmilayo Akande/Olawale Olufemi (Apapa-Iganmu)
- Fuad Atanda-Lawal/Akinbowale Macaulay (Ikoyi/Obalende)
- Emmanuel Bamgboye/Tunbosun Aruna (Mushin)
- Bolatito Sobowale/Omoshalewa Laguda (Ayobo-Ipaja)
- Banjo Adebisi/Olawale Ameen (Ikorodu North)
- Bamidele Yusuf/Muiz Dosumu (Surulere)
- Bamidele Kasali/Oluremi Alogba (Lekki)
- Babatunde Johnson/Kafila Akanni (Orile Agege)
- Ayoola Fatai/Lucky Uduikhue (Ajeromi).
- Almoruf Oloyede/Modupe Badmus (Oshodi)
- Alade Folawiyo/Adejoke Balogun (Lagos Island East)
- Adewale Anomo/Wasiu Dehinsilu (Ikosi Ejinrin)
- Adesegun Bankole/Adeola Adetoro (Eti-Osa)
- Adebayo Olasoju/Sadiq Saliu (Isolo)
- Abolanle Bada/Olayinka Ogunleye (Ikosi/Isheri)
- Abdullahi Olowa/Isiaka Olatunji (Ibeju)
- Abdulhamed Salawu/Adekunle Ekinyemi (Somolu)
List of 20 Local Governments and 37 LCDA in Lagos.